Learn To Body Fly In Our On-Site Wind Tunnel
For your additional entertainment - only available to those taking part in our skydiving courses!
A highly enjoyable activity allowing you to experience the sensations of free fall without actually having to jump out of an aeroplane!
The purpose of the course is to introduce you to the art of body flying (which skydivers use in freefall) by working through the following training syllabus whilst flying in our on-site vertical wind tunnel freefall simulator.
North London Skydiving Centre is proud to be the only skydiving operation in the UK to offer on-site wind tunnel freefall simulator training.
- Has received instruction on the basic principles of body flying.
- Has demonstrated the ability to hold a still and controlled body position in the airflow, with minimal assistance.
- Has demonstrated the ability to move up and down in the air column.
- Has demonstrated the ability to move backwards and forwards in the air column.
- Has demonstrated the ability to perform controlled 360° turns in the airflow in either direction.
- Has demonstrated the ability to move from side to side in the air column.
Be warned though... it's great fun and VERY addictive!
Charges are as follows...
Each flight is equivalent to freefalling from about 13000 feet. Minimum three flights per participant per session.
The wind tunnel operates each day we're open (between the hours of 9am and 6pm) as and when instructors are available - i.e. when they're not skydiving.
Bookings can be made at the airfield on the day. Just let us know if you wish to fly when you arrive.
Restrictions and conditions
Those under the age of 18 will require written parental consent on a specific form.
The tunnel can operate in almost all weather conditions.
Normal casual clothes such as jogging bottoms and trainers are ideal. Everything else is provided.